First off, welcome to Steady! We’re so excited to start working with you. There are a couple things you can do to get started:
- Schedule a first visit
- Complete the health history form and medical release form in your confirmation email. The medical release form is for us to request records from your previous endocrinologist or current primary care provider.
- Send us pictures of the back and front of your insurance card. You can do this by clicking the small green plus button on the left of the messaging space and selecting “Camera”.
- If you already have a CGM and/or pump, share your data with us.
- Ask us any questions you may have via Steady messaging
Your first visit is with one of our Endocrinologists. During this visit, you will go over the following agenda items:
- Talk about your complete medical history, including diabetes treatment
- Assessment of your current health situation
- Careful evaluation of risk factors for complications
- Discuss what is important to you when it comes to your health
After the First Visit, we will ask you to track your lifestyle for 7 days. Our clinical team will review your data daily and may send you clarifying questions in the app. You should live your life as usual and know that our team will not be judging your lifestyle choices. The more detail you provide, the more you will get out of it!
Things you should track manually in the Steady app
- Take photos of all your meals, snacks, and drinks.
- Log your exercise
- Log notes of anything that can impact your blood sugar, such as sleep and stress
- If you are taking insulin, make notes of each dose in the Steady app.
Data we can collect automatically
- Share data from your Continuous Glucose Monitor with us. The method of sharing differs between different brands of CGM and we will help you get set up after your first visit
- If you are using an insulin pump, we will instruct you how to share that data with us
- If you are using an iPhone, we can collect your step count through Apple Health
- If you are using an an iPhone and a connected insulin pen, we can get that data through Apple Health
Tracking review visit
After tracking everything for 7 days, you will meet with your Endocrinologist to review your data. During this 60-minute visit, you will go over the insights we have and discuss how we can help you tweak your management.